Current Topics in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology 2019
File Size = 13.87 GB
Course Overview – Topics/Speakers:
Current Topics in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology
Johns Hopkins Clinical Update
Improve clinical performance with this authoritative review of the latest concepts and techniques in the interpretation of gastrointestinal and liver specimens.
Learn from the Experts
Current Topics in Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, an intensive review for gastrointestinal pathologists, focuses on interpretation of biopsies of the upper GI tract mucosa and the liver, pancreatic/biliary disorders, and application of novel techniques to various GI disorders. Led by renowned pathologist, Lysandra Voltaggio, MD, this online CME program will significantly enhance your diagnostic skills.
It will help you to better:
- Identify unusual variants of GIST
- Develop a diagnostic approach to unusual/variant colorectal polyps
- Define common and rare lymphoproliferative disorders involving the GI tract
- Recognize and discuss the GI manifestations of systemic disorders
- Evaluate common mimics of inflammatory bowel disease
- Discuss the updated classification of benign and malignant hepatic neoplasm
- Describe the basis of grading acute cellular rejection
At the conclusion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize unusual variants of GIST.
- Develop a diagnostic approach to unusual/variant colorectal polyps.
- Identify histopathologic manifestations of infectious diseases in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Describe both common and rare lymphoproliferative disorders that involve the gastrointestinal tract.
- Describe the use of tumor genomic information in colon cancer targeted therapy.
- Identify and discuss the gastrointestinal manifestations of systemic disorders.
- List the differential diagnosis of biliary proliferations in the liver in the intraoperative setting.
- Describe the biomarkers used by oncologist to inform them on patient management.
- Review common mimics of inflammatory bowel disease.
- Discuss the updated classification of benign and malignant hepatic neoplasm.
- Recognize patterns of inflammation associated with STI of the aerodigestive tract.
- Describe the basis of grading acute cellular rejection.
- Name the four most common types of neoplastic cysts of the pancreas.
This activity is intended for community pathologists, gastrointestinal specialists, hepatologists and gastrointestinal, and hepatology fellows and residents.
- GI Mesenchymal Lesions: Not Just a GIST – Teri Longacre, MD
- Colon Polyps: A Managerial Approach – Teri Longacre, MD
- Gastrointestinal Tract Infections: Cases in Anatomic Pathology – Dena Shibib, DO
- Gastrointestinal Lymphoproliferative Disorders: The Good, The Bad, and The Tummy – Amy Duffield, MD, PhD
- Hot Topics in Gastrointestinal Molecular Pathology – Jason Park, MD, PhD
- GI Tract Manifestations of Systemic Diseases – Maryam Kherad Pezhouh, MD
- Challenges and Pitfalls in Intraoperative Frozen Section Analysis: Pancreatobiliary Resection Margins, Liver and Peritoneal Lesions – Elizabeth Thompson, MD
- Update on Immune-Based Cancer Therapy: Approved and Emerging Biomarkers – Robert Anders, MD, PhD
- Update on IBD for the Pathologist: Focus on Implications for Clinical Management – Tatianna Larman, MD
- An Update on Tumors of the Liver, Bile Ducts, and Gallbladder – Kiyoko Oshima, MD, PhD
- Sexually Transmitted Infections: Epidemiologic Trends and Aerodigestive Manifestations – Lysandra Voltaggio, MD
- Cystic Neoplasms of the Pancreas – Ralph Hruban, MD
- Sometimes Small Bowel Biopsies Give Us Diarrhea – Elizabeth Montgomery, MD
- What You Really Need to Know About Liver Transplantation – Meredith Pittman, MD
- Iatrogenic Injury in the Gastrointestinal Tract – Elizabeth Montgomery, MD
Date Credits Expire: November 22, 2022
Estimated Time to Complete: 13.75 hours
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime