Comprehensive Review of Cardiovascular Pathology 2014
Course Overview – Topics/Speakers:
Comprehensive Review of Cardiovascular Pathology
The Oakstone Institute
The goal of the course is to provide an up to date understanding of cardiovascular diseases. This course will provide the latest in cardiac tumor and vasculidities involving medium size and large vessels using the latest classifications. We will provide an update on the handling of endomyocardial biopsies and how to interpret these including the use of immunohistochemical stains. Also, an update on classification of cardiac rejection will be presented and illustrated and pitfalls discussed.
Residents, general pathologists as well as forensic pathologist will greatly benefit from the knowledge gained from attending this course. This course will be an update of cardiovascular pathology that is not available in most pathology text books.
Topics & Speakers
Upon completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Describe the normal anatomy of the heart and outline approaches for its examination postmortem and in surgical pathology (valves, prostheses, and biopsies)
- Contrast and compare the etiologies and diagnostic features (gross and microscopic) of heart disease: congenital, cardiomyopathies, myocarditis, valvular diseases, pericardial diseases, cardiac tumors, and coronary artery disease, atherosclerosis and ischemic heart disease
- Define the features that characterize the different types and grades of cardiac allograft rejection and describe other pathologies that impact on management and survival of heart transplant recipients (cardiac allograft vasculopathy, infections, and neoplasms)
- Contrast and compare diseases that affect arteries and veins, including degenerative, inheritable, and inflammatory diseases
- Discuss the importance of interventional devices in the management of heart disease and review the pathologic features that are associated with their use both short and long-term
Oakstone Publishing, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Date of Original Release: December 1, 2014
TOTAL FILE SIZE: 4.16GB
For more info, please visit homepage: http://www.cmeinfo.com/store_temp/proddetails.asp?prodcat=720
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime