2019 Pathology Review Hematopathology, Head and Neck Pathology and Fine Needle Aspirations for the General Pathologist
File Size = 2.88 GB
Course Overview – Topics/Speakers:
This CME activity is designed to provide a practical review of hematopathology, head and neck pathology, molecular diagnosis and fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB). Faculty discuss basic to advanced techniques, pitfalls and pearls to pathologic diagnosis. A variety of case reviews emphasize the didactic presentations to round out the program.
This CME activity is primarily intended and designed to educate pathologists.
Physicians: Educational Symposia is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Educational Symposia designates this enduring material for a maximum of 14.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All CME course participants are required to pass a written or online test with a minimum score of 70% in order to be awarded credit. (Exam materials, if ordered, will be sent with your CME order.) All CME course participants will also have the opportunity to critically evaluate the program as it relates to practice relevance and educational objectives.
AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM for these programs may be claimed until June 30, 2022.
This CME activity was planned and produced by Educational Symposia, the leader in diagnostic imaging education since 1975.
This CME activity was planned and produced in accordance with the ACCME Essential Areas and Elements.
At the completion of this CME activity, subscribers should be able to:
- Recognize the different types of tissue fragments in FNAB specimens; recognize several cytomorphologic patterns of FNAB specimens; and render a diagnosis based on a pattern recognition of FNAB specimen.
- Recognize the basic architectural patterns seen in thyroid aspirates and be able to identify and diagnose common benign and malignant thyroid lesions.
- Recognize the basic architectural pattern seen with salivary gland aspirates and be able to identify and diagnose common benign and malignant salivary gland lesions.
- Render a diagnosis based on pattern recognition and salivary gland FNAB specimens and formulate a broad differential diagnosis.
- Describe the basic technique and pitfall avoidance of fine needle aspiration biopsy performance.
- Discuss the new WHO Criteria for the diagnosis of Myeloid Neoplasms in blood and bone marrow.
- Apply strategies for integrating Molecular and Genetic testing into routine clinical practice.
- Achieve a better understanding of Salivary Gland Pathology in the Molecular Era.
- Recognize lesions of the Sinonasal tract and differentiate bad actors from benign lesions.
- Achieve a more practical approach to Lymphoid Disorders in Blood and Bone Marrow.
- Differentiate Mucosal Lesions of the Head and Neck.
- Understand age-based normal lymphoid parameters.
- Learn key features/clues to unique lymphoid disorders in blood and bone marrow.
- Appreciate new WHO 2016 criteria and testing recommendations for acute + chronic lymphoid neoplasms.
- Understand progress in AML classification.
- Develop list of required tests in AML, MDS, MDS/MPN and MPN.
- Recognize newly proposed AML subtypes and newly proposed entities for other categories of myeloid neoplasms.
- Appreciate key new molecular tests essential in the evaluation of myeloid neoplasms.
No special educational preparation is required for this CME activity
1. FNA of the Salivary Glands
2. FNA of the Thyroid
3. FNA Diagnosis by Pattern Recognition
4. Overview of Acute Myeloid Leukemia and Chronic Myeloid Neoplasms 2016 Strategies
5. Myeloplastic Syndromes and Mimics New Names, New Traps
6. Salivary Gland Pathology in the Molecular Era Old Friends, Old Foes, and New Acquaintances
7. Lesions of the Sinonasal Tract From Benign to Banal to Bad Actors
8. Lymphoid Disorders in Blood and Bone Marrow A Stepwise Diagnostic Approach (WHO 2016) – Part 1
9. Lymphoid Disorders in Blood and Bone Marrow A Stepwise Diagnostic Approach (WHO 2016) – Part 2
10. Lymphoid Disorders in Blood and Bone Marrow A Stepwise Diagnostic Approach (WHO 2016) – Part 3
11. Pearls and Pitfalls in Early Neoplasia of the Head and Neck
12. Potpourri of Head and Neck Cancer
CME Release Date 6/30/2019
CME Expiration Date 6/30/2022
you will receive download link of the course, the link will NOT expire and can be used anytime